Did you know that you are a walking billboard? It’s true! People can take one look at you and tell all kinds of things about who you are as a person.Continue reading Walking Billboard
Every year, FB reminds me of the exact moment when one of my closest friendships died. I could delete the memory and never see it again, but I choose to remember where I came from and what God brought me out of.Continue reading The Greater Gain
*This post is long, but it’s FIRE! If you don’t have time to read it in its entirety, please read the italicized phrases and the end sections. You will be blessed!*
I’ve been coming to church for eight years now, and although I’m always faithful to come to services, I have always struggled with the daily walk. Lately, I’ve really been trying to be more consistent with daily prayer and Bible reading every single morning before I check my phone.continue reading
This poem came to me after my divorce. I put on a brave face in public, but fell apart at home. Everyone kept telling me how strong I was; if they only knew. I guess now they do.
I’ve changed a lot in the last 8 years. Many of my friends now call me old-fashioned. I take it as a compliment.
Be Born Again
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
How do we do that?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
How do we know when we have received the Holy Spirit?
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.
The Bible standard of full salvation is:
• Repentance- asking forgiveness for and turning away from sin
• Baptism in water by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission (forgiveness and washing away) of sins
• Baptism of the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
Our full name is Apostolic Pentecostal, but we generally use just Apostolic because it’s shorter.
- We believe in the one ever-living, eternal God.
- This one true God has revealed Himself as:
- Father: The title of God in parental relationship
- Son: God incarnate in human flesh- Jesus
- Holy Spirit: God in activity as Spirit working within us
Continue reading What is Apostolic?
“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one.” Deuteronomy 6:4