Did you know that you are a walking billboard? It’s true! People can take one look at you and tell all kinds of things about who you are as a person.Continue reading Walking Billboard
August 16, 2015
I was at the store today and started tearing up while looking at the hundreds of lost people in my city. I wished I could give them all a card and invited them to church, then I felt helpless because there were so many. This story came to mind and I remembered, even if I only reach one, it would still matter.Continue reading The Starfish Story
Be Born Again
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
How do we do that?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
How do we know when we have received the Holy Spirit?
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.
The Bible standard of full salvation is:
• Repentance- asking forgiveness for and turning away from sin
• Baptism in water by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission (forgiveness and washing away) of sins
• Baptism of the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
Our full name is Apostolic Pentecostal, but we generally use just Apostolic because it’s shorter.
- We believe in the one ever-living, eternal God.
- This one true God has revealed Himself as:
- Father: The title of God in parental relationship
- Son: God incarnate in human flesh- Jesus
- Holy Spirit: God in activity as Spirit working within us
Continue reading What is Apostolic?
“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one.” Deuteronomy 6:4