Our full name is Apostolic Pentecostal, but we generally use just Apostolic because it’s shorter.
- We believe in the one ever-living, eternal God.
- This one true God has revealed Himself as:
- Father: The title of God in parental relationship
- Son: God incarnate in human flesh- Jesus
- Holy Spirit: God in activity as Spirit working within us
“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one.” Deuteronomy 6:4
Plan of Salvation
- The Bible standard of full salvation is:
- Repentance- asking forgiveness for and turning away from sin
- Baptism in water by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission (forgiveness and washing away) of sins
- Baptism of the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.” Acts 2:38
Separation from the World
The following describes Apostolics in general. There are exceptions as standards can vary from church to church. I do know the scriptures for each standard. So, if you have more questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
- We dress differently than our peers
- The females wear dresses or skirts below the knee
- The males wear pants
- Both sexes generally wear sleeves either past the elbow or to the wrist (some do wear short sleeves based on standards set forth their pastor)
- We don’t wear jewelry or makeup (some allow pain/simple wedding bands)
- Females generally do not cut their hair
- Men generally have short hair and are clean shaven
- We generally don’t watch TV or go to movies
- We are careful what books/websites we view and generally only listen to Christian music
“Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 6:17
Still have questions? You can contact me here.